Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Whats 7 divided by 4?

...7 divided by 4...I pose this question because I am in the midst of trying to squeeze 7 days of workouts into 4 days. I am leaving Friday morning for Des Moines Iowa. Why in the world would anyone leave San Diego for Des Moines (sorry to Des Moines natives in advance)...well my coach and close friend is getting married this weekend...finally!

Things are getting pretty busy here in San Diego. The Olympic Training Center has turned into quite the international attraction lately. Currently we have teams training here from the following countries; Argentina, Japan, Canada, The Netherlands, Norway, Germany, China, and Great Britain. In the following weeks we will also have individuals from Finland, Estonia, Finland, Denmark and Egypt. I get a bit frustrated with the fuss of fighting for the last few pieces of protein at dinner and waiting in line for the ice bath, but then I remember how fortunate I am to call this place home. So as short as this blog entry may be, I would like to remind you (if you live in the USA) of how fortunate you are to call this place home...and I would like to sign off with the following..."love it or leave it!"
Catch y'all later!
Mike (oh yeah go McCain!)