Monday, February 16, 2009

Oslo Training Camp

God Morgen, jeg kan bare litt norsk! so that being said, I guess thats all the Norwegian that I will be able to use at this point but Im making it a point to pick up as much as I can. I am now in Oslo for a 2 week training camp with the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Champion, Andreas Thorkildsen. I come to Oslo fresh off my 3 week camp in Finland and am anxious to see what the training system is like over here. My coach, and my coaches coach, all learned the majority of their training systems from the Finns, so this will be a great learning experience for me.

I arrived Saturday mid afternoon and so far have just been enjoying good company and hanging out enjoying Oslo. Sunday I had the chance to go with my training partner to walk his dog around a frozen lake outside of town. The lake was a hotspot...ironically, for cross country skiers and people walking their dogs. I got a chance to try out a new camera and took some pretty cool shots that I will try to upload soon.

Today we will have our 1st throwing session, indoors of course, which will allow me to continue to refine some of the technical changes that I picked up in Finland. The goal of this camp is to continue to work on technical changes and also try a few different training techniques and methods and hope that I come away with something that will help me generate more power and cleaner flights of the javelin. I will try to post a few of the throwing videos as I get them. For now, here are a few pics from the lake...

Ha det bra! M++