Sunday, April 11, 2010

Psychological Warfare

Psychological Warfare (PSYWAR) "Various techniques are used, by any set of groups, and aimed to influence a target audience's value systems, belief systems, emotions, motives, reasoning, or behavior. It is used to induce confessions or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator's objectives, and are sometimes combined with black operations or false flag tactics."

well.....maybe warfare is a over-exaggeration, maybe mind games is a more accurate term:

This is usually the time of year when most people are putting the finishing touches on their spring preparations and getting ready for the season...this would include most people...except me. Still working on my shoulder, my throwing is still way behind schedule and my main goal is USA Champs the end of June. If that means that I cant throw until that time, so be it. The hard part is not committing to meets even though I need the money and points...never mind the 4 day trip to the Caribbean that I just had to turn down...uuugh! I will admit that there are times that I want to try to rush back and get into the mix as soon as possible (hence the Psychological Warfare intro) and there are plenty of people who want to know when and where i will be back. Its a non stop battle between what I know I should do and what I want to do. Going back to the investment I made in my shoulder back in November of 09, I knew that this year could be used as a re-building year and many others have done the same. Most recently, a friend of mine, Yelena Isenbayeva (World and Olympic Record Holder, Womens Pole Vault) has just announced that she will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from competition.
http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=56414.html

So, Im guessing, I will continue my leave of absence until I am sure that I am ready to get back in the mix with all I got. To be continued...

My High Tech High Bruins just had their 3rd meet of the season this weekend. There was mixed results with a few personal bests and a few would be personal bests if they could have saved the sector fouls. I'm still getting used to the kids having to rush over to competitions from taking their ACT's. Its not quite what I'm used to but I'm amazed at the sportsmanship at their level. Its sometimes a character trait that gets lost in the professional ranks and it is refreshing to be around. Until next time,
M++

heres a few pics and videos from the meet!