Sunday, July 24, 2011

Luzern / Stockholm and The French Fighting

Well, I just have to do this... I pretty much feel obligated too, this past weekend I was trying to find a link to watch the best training partner in the world, my training partner, Kara Patterson, throw in the Monaco Diamond League. While I was cruising the internet to find a way to watch it, I stumbled across one of the funniest videos I have seen in quite a while.

Below is a clip of 2 French dudes going at it after a run in circles, the 60k jog/race or something boaring like that... what unfolded was pure knee slapping entertainment... enjoy:

you have to give it to them, over the next few days, more people searched that love spat on youtube than the actual Diamond League event itself! Well done boys! I mean... at least its nice to see the French fight SOMETHING!

Alas, I feel obligated to explain my position... allow me:

...enough said

Oh yeah track news, threw in one of the coolest meets of my career last Thursday, The Luzern Spitzen Leichtathletik, in Luzern, Switzerland. I threw below my seasons average, but could care less because I had a blast. All of my close friends and competitors where there and it was just a great time. The Meeting director, Terry McHugh did an amazing job...probably because he is a former javelin thrower! Thats just how we roll! Up next is my 1st Diamond League Meeting...Stockholm, which is a nice treat because it just so happens to be my #1 all time favorite place to throw..see
http://in-the-arena-mike.blogspot.com/2011/06/to-do-or-not-to-do-and-then-some.html

After Stockholm, its home to reload for worlds...and then, who knows ;)
M++

(yeah I know there is no mag in there...thats why I said its time to re-load, duh)