Sunday, December 20, 2009

"Altius"

Happy holidays!
I am writing this blog entry as I am putting the finishing touches on the newly founded Altius Track & Field club (founded by former World and Olympic Champion, Stacy Dragila)

http://www.usatf.org/clubs/search/info.asp?zipcode=91915

Stacy Dragila (now Stacy Waltz as of last weekend) started the club to help develop some of the local kids in the area in track and field, the pole vault and sprints specifically. A former heptathlete and World Athletics Female of the Year, Stacy has a huge amount of information and coaching expertise and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to work with her. This club is a perfect fit for me and In the Arena because it will finally allow me to bring in hand picked athletes and I will be able to coach and train them the way I see fit. This is a big difference from the Eastlake Flash track club days in 2007. The Altius Track Club will start workouts the 1st week of January and will hold practices Sunday, Wednesday and Friday and will continue all the way through the summer months. I am super excited to get started and cant wait to start up some really cool relationships with the kids in the area.

In shoulder rehab news, I am waaaaaay ahead of schedule. In fact, I cant even tell that I have had surgery! The range of motion is 95% and my strength levels are around 85%. That being said, I am still sticking to the program that was laid out for me and letting pain be my guide (not always the smartest thing for me ;) I al cleared to start joging and swimming on Monday and I started tennis ball throws last week. The ball is rolling in the right direction, now its time to make it roll a bit faster.

Have a great Christmas and dont forget the real reason for the season....yall!
M++