Sunday, February 13, 2011

Freedom...

Its usually this time of year that I get a kick out of cruising the mall on the weekend and looking at all the stressed out guys... You can always tell the ones who are desperate to get that last second gift that has to be just right, not too much and definitely not too little. Sometimes I can even tell by looking which guys have been in the doghouse. I know these thing, because I used to be in their shoes... and now, I am as excited as ever to celebrate tomorrow's holiday! My holiday is a bit different however, I celebrate, what some call "Singles Awareness Day" but I just refer to it as the celebration of... FREEDOM!

If I may present...a great gathering of happy men, celebrating their FREEDOM! ;)


Training is going uber fantashtic! I'm going on the 3rd week of a 4 week training block and this is the week that I usually feel the worst, but so far so good. My coach and I are looking at upcoming meets and getting workouts ready for the season that should start the end of April. My training partner Kara Patterson is looking scary good and I'm having to do everything I can to keep up with her. She is a totally different athlete from last year, and I honestly have no idea how far she may throw this year. I'm trying to negotiate a "training partner" bonus clause in her contract ;)

In the community service arena, I have dialed down a bit of my services in order to devote more time to my training and recovery, but will be in touch with my High Tech High crew throughout the Spring and will do what I can to get them ready for more school records. Until next time, have a great "Freedom" day.